To ensure our members stay up to date with trends, new products and services as well as changes within the industry, SACSC publishes a number of top industry publications. These include:
- Our bi-annual Economic Overview which is underpinned by specially commissioned, in-depth research studies.
- Our quarterly SACSC/IPD Trading Density Index, produced every quarter, which focuses on trading densities in various retail categories across different categories of shopping centres.
- Shopping SA, a monthly publication dedicated to the shopping centre industry, containing information pertinent to the South African retail industry.
- Shopping Centre Directory, a bi-annual directory of all shopping centres within Southern Africa.
- TGIF, our fortnightly email newsletter containing brief, easy-to-read shopping centre industry information and announcements.
- Economic overview, an analysis of the economic situation specifically relating to the retail industry, produced every 6 months by Christo Luüs.
- Research publications, with a minimum of two research reports produced every year.
Dec 12, 2018 SA malls gearing up for Christmas 2018
Hot off the heels of the global Black Friday phenomenon, retailers, brands and shopping centres across South Africa are now gearing up to make the most of 2018’s Festive Season which is already upon us.Read More…
Nov 30, 2018 The Importance of frontline staff in retail
With the fast-approaching Festive Season only a few weeks away, malls, shopping centres and stores anticipate an influx of feet through their doors. Millions of Rands have been spent...Read More…
Nov 22, 2018 Black Friday is growing in SA
The global Black Friday phenomenon has cemented itself as the precursor into Festive Season shopping and it is no surprise that it is making a growing impression amongst South African retailers and consumers alike.Read More…