To ensure our members stay up to date with trends, new products and services as well as changes within the industry, SACSC publishes a number of top industry publications. These include:
- Our bi-annual Economic Overview which is underpinned by specially commissioned, in-depth research studies.
- Our quarterly SACSC/IPD Trading Density Index, produced every quarter, which focuses on trading densities in various retail categories across different categories of shopping centres.
- Shopping SA, a monthly publication dedicated to the shopping centre industry, containing information pertinent to the South African retail industry.
- Shopping Centre Directory, a bi-annual directory of all shopping centres within Southern Africa.
- TGIF, our fortnightly email newsletter containing brief, easy-to-read shopping centre industry information and announcements.
- Economic overview, an analysis of the economic situation specifically relating to the retail industry, produced every 6 months by Christo Luüs.
- Research publications, with a minimum of two research reports produced every year.
Apr 11, 2018 To refurb or not to refurb, that is the question
Keeping up with current shopping centre trends, retail formats that erode traffic or simply, a strategic need to expand or improve certain aspects of a shopping centre are some of reasons why refurbishments are done.Read More…
Apr 05, 2018 Eight Annual SACSC Research Conference set for May
Irish playwright, critic and political activist George Bernard Shaw once said: “Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything”.Read More…
Mar 22, 2018 A shopping star gets even more sparkle
Few shopping centres can claim a history as rich and as colourful as Westfield Century City, which can be found on Santa Monica Boulevard in Los Angeles, California, U.S.A.Read More…