To ensure our members stay up to date with trends, new products and services as well as changes within the industry, SACSC publishes a number of top industry publications. These include:
- Our bi-annual Economic Overview which is underpinned by specially commissioned, in-depth research studies.
- Our quarterly SACSC/IPD Trading Density Index, produced every quarter, which focuses on trading densities in various retail categories across different categories of shopping centres.
- Shopping SA, a bi-monthly publication dedicated to the shopping centre industry, containing information pertinent to the South African retail industry.
- Shopping Centre Directory, a bi-annual directory of all shopping centres within Southern Africa.
- Economic overview, an analysis of the economic situation specifically relating to the retail industry, produced every 6 months by Christo Luüs.
- Research publications, with a minimum of two research reports produced every year.
We are in the recovery phase of what is being labelled the worst global financial crisis since the Great Depression. COVID-19, and its spread across the planet, brought many economies to their knees.Read More…
Jun 05, 2020 Attracting shoppers back to malls post-lockdown
Other than if it had to blow up, the worst thing that could happen to a shopping centre is a forced closure.Read More…
May 26, 2020 Steps to rebuilding a business after shutdown
The South African business community will never be the same again. Sometimes things are allowed to evolve over time, but often change is thrust upon us, forcing a new way of thinking; a new direction to secure survival.Read More…